Solutions Engineer (SE)
Othot’s Solutions Engineer supports 5- and 6-figure annual contract value direct sales effort with dedicated Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in higher education, in the use of Othot’s advanced analytics platform, and where we can deliver value.
The SE will primarily be responsible for demonstrating the Othot enterprise-class advanced analytics solutions to prospective customers and, in some cases, current customers. The SE’s ability to understand the prospective customer’s Enrollment or Student Success situation with a deep dive on how things currently work is important. The ability to conversationally get to the details and identify where the issues lie, will be critical. Once we understand the details, the SE’s demonstration and communication skills will help establish a clear connection between need and the value of solving those challenges with Othot’s unique capabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand fully the Othot solution functional capabilities and be able to effectively demonstrate them
- Understand the data science and technical aspects of the Othot solution in order to be able to answer routine questions
- Support sales executives with solution selling into prospect account base
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully match customer challenges to proposed solutions. This requires a thorough knowledge of how US-based higher education institutions operate and how the Othot platform can remove any barriers a school may have in reaching goals.
- Co-Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the Othot value proposition
- Aid in modeling the financial business case associated with each sales opportunity
- Manage all functional and technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Contribute to a feedback loop for product improvements and feature enhancements
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and support ad-hoc projects as identified
- Collect and document competitive intelligence
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to management of the customer relationship
- Collaborate extensively with both internal and external colleagues, industry experts, and prospects
- Potential need for travel to prospective customer locations (subject to change as it relates to COVID)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, analytics, communications, or related degree from an accredited institution is preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of direct higher education experience
- 3+ years in some form of Sales role
- Priority given to those with work experience as a Software Sales Engineer
- Other relevant experience might include related consulting, product management, customer support, marketing, or software development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and remarkable presentation skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity that has you constantly and naturally asking questions
- Strong empathy for prospects and ability to manage relationships through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus
- Detail oriented and analytical with a demonstrated desire for continuous improvement
- Proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions
- Ability to collaborate as a team player and succeed as a self-starter
- Thrives in a multitasking environment and can manage dynamic priorities
- Solid technical background with an ability to demonstrate enterprise-class business application software
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Calm, albeit passionate and assertive, without being aggressive
- Incredibly self-motivated and innovative
- Strong sense of urgency combined with close attention to detail. Patient, yet tenacious
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, HubSpot, or related customer relationship management systems
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply here
Othot is an equal opportunity employer.